Saturday, August 21, 2010

Best flat iron for natural AA hair.?

I am anl African American female who does not get relaxers, sometimes I like wearing my hair straight so I decided to invest in a great flat iron for curly hair. I have natural 3c/4a hair, with a deep hair/curl pattern. What is the best flat iron for this type of hair, like what are some flat irons you ladies consider good for natural hair?





Can you tell me the type of flat iron, whether or not your hair is relaxed, how long it stays straight,and the basic pros and cons of that flat iron, thanks.Best flat iron for natural AA hair.?
I don't think it's so much the flat iron as the technique you use. Usually you have to blow out first and THEN flat iron. Don't forget a heat protectant. Here's one natural's regimen.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAB3l5e7O鈥?/a>





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzrcJIkwM鈥?/a>Best flat iron for natural AA hair.?
I am a stylist, african american, and have a ridicoulously retarded hair texture myself. (I have a relaxer- but my hair doesn't like relaxers, so my relaxer takes the ';puffiness'; out of my hair, but doesn't get it straight... It's my hair texture- not the brand relaxer I use)... Enuf about me-





We have finally evolved beyond the oressing comb- that's a last resort nowadays.... I use a Chi iron and a Fhi (that is also made by Chi- but sold in Chinese Shops). If u don't sweat alot or live in a humid area, it can last about a week and a half, maybe 2 (wrap ur hair at night).


You could also try a Babybliss flat iron- it's a little cheaper than the other irons I mentioned (which are around 90.00 and higher).


Whatever Iron u decide on- be prepared to invest some money, and make sure it has ceramic plates. (if it's not ceramic, the coating on the plaates will eventually chip and snag on ur hair- causing breakage) Also, make sure u get some sort of thermal styling/ heat protectant. My favorites are by Mizani- it is a serum so it ads lots of shine and u don't need 2 use alot. You could also use the serum by Chi, or the protectant by SleekLook (it's in an orange bottle, by Matrix)
Honestly, if you have natural hair, I don't think a flat iron will work good for you. I think your best bet would be to use a hot iron comb. Unless you have experience using them, I recommend seeing a professional to have them straighten your hair. The results will last much longer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment