Monday, August 16, 2010

Ok I got my flat iron now how do I work with it?

Ok I just bought my first flat iron at Albertsons its a 20 dollar Conair straightener its this one http://www99.epinions.com/pr-Styling_Tools-Conair_Satin_Finish_3_4_Ultra_Slim_Ceramic_Straightener_CS4CS





Well I bought it I have herbal essences shampoo and conditioner and I was wondering if its any good and if i can have my hair straight now. Because I would just use this really crappy curling iron to semi straighten my hair but it never got my curs at the tips. just wondering if this will do the trick. How do I manuever it around my head as well. Much help would be appreciated.Ok I got my flat iron now how do I work with it?
Using a flat iron is alot easier than a curling iron. The difference is the speed in which you run the two across your hair. With the iron, first and foremost, you'll need some sort of heat protection sprayed or combed into your hair before you blow-dry. They make hair serum specifically for flat irons. Be sure to always use these! Hair is delicate!





Secondly, just run it through your hair like a brush. Grabbing pieces of hair into the iron, pulling straight down,past the ends. Repeat all over. may wanna get your Mom or a friend to do the back a few times. That part always gets left out...;)





Good Luck!Ok I got my flat iron now how do I work with it?
the shampoo does nothing and the flat iron is best used on one inch pieces of hair not very thick and you will clamp it down near your scalp over the hair and run it down to the tips. youll probably have to go over that piece of hair a couple times depending on your curls
Flat irons are the best! I need to get one for myself. The trick is not to close it all the way on your hair, but very loosely.
well first of all you should have bought a better flat iron if you really wanted it to work( you will get what you paid for.) and second of all you shouldn't use shampoo and conditioner that you can buy at the grocery store because it is not approved by the FDA and there are chemicals in them that do weird stuff to your hair. Anyways the easiest way to straighten your hair is going to be to wash it and blow dry it as straight as you can. Then you will want to pull you hair up in a clip and start by pulling it down in sections as thin as you can this will allow the hair to get straighter. Then just put your hair in it and apply pretty decent pressure and pull it down straight. hope all goes well.
Section your hair just like you were curling it. Also, be sure to use a hair product that protects your hair from the heat. Those flat irons get really hot and you don't want to fry your hair. If your hair is really coarse, you might want to change your shampoo and conditioner. Try something that might say smoothing on the label.
Do like everyone is saying small sections of hair at a time.it definitely takes practice.after a while you might want to step up to chi or any good ceramic one,you'll love it!


be careful not to burn yourself or your hair.just take your time,pretty soon you'll be a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment