Thursday, August 19, 2010

When is it safe to flat iron a perm?

How long should I wait to flat iron my perm? I know it sounds silly wanting to straighten it after I just got it - but on one hand I just got the perm to give my hair body so I want to wear it striaght but retain the volume I get with the curls.. but I also want the option of leaving it curly. If I flat iron it, will it flatten my curls for good- or is it a chemicla thing, it doesnt matter? Other perm tips?When is it safe to flat iron a perm?
wait 3-5 days. if u dont wait, it wont get rid of the curls, it will just damage ur hair. make-sure to apply hair serums especially made to prevent hair damage when using hot hair appliances.When is it safe to flat iron a perm?
wait at least 3 days .then flatten all u want.


variety is good.
i waited a week, but it doesnt hurt it. it may damage your hair a little bit and cause it to dry out so be sure to condition it good when you do.
doesnt matter. but not too much because it can cause damage
I get perms just to have more body to my hair too, actually. It's perfectly fine to iron down your curls! I do it every morning, especially now that my curls are starting to grow out. The curls may eventually lose a little definition but not so much that is makes an outrageous difference. The worst that will happen is they will just become more ';wavy'; than ';curly';. Good luck with ironing!
How long since the perm? Give it a few days rest then go crazy with the flat iron. Be sure to get a heat protectant spray that is for chemically treated hair. Flat ironing your hair after such a traumatic process as a perm could really dry your hair out. Make sure to get shampoo and conditioner (professional is best) that is for dyed or chemically treated hair. You want to make sure your hair doesn't fall out. Drink lots of water, take vitamins, maybe wash your hair every other day, and your hair will be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment